Graze Review: May Box

Ah, Graze.  Oh how I so desperately wanted one of these.  For those that don't know Graze is currently by invitation only.  You can sign up online to request an invitation, which is what I initially did.  However, after almost a month of not receiving said invite I became desperate and started stalking the internets for some nice individual who would offer me theirs.  Finally, on May 17, I was on their Facebook page and just so happened to notice somebody who posted on their wall that they had one invite code to give out.  I PM'd that sweet person so fast I barely had time to blink lol.

So, what is this amazing box that I was so keen on getting my hands on?

According to Graze.com it is "nature delivered.  Delicious, healthy snacks by mail."  I refer to it as a box of 4 delicious snacks you receive by mail every 1, 2 or 4 weeks.  

Now the real question.  Did Graze live up to the expections I had built in my head?

As stated, I signed up for Graze on May 17.  Upon signing up I was given the option of the Nibble Box or the or the lower calorie Light Box.  We chose the Nibble Box and were then given the option to read through all the different snack packs they offer.  Over 100 of them! When doing so we could rate the items as either "trash it," "try it," "like it," or "love it."  Anything marked as "trash it" is guaranteed to never be sent to me.  Love that! The hubby sat with me and we went through and trashed any of the ones that included ingredients that neither one of us cared for.  When all was said and done I think we trashed 3.  Maybe 4.  We left all the others as "try it" with the idea that we would rate them as we tasted them.

On May 18 I received notification that my first box was in the process of being packaged and the following day it was shipped.  I do not remember exactly how long it took to arrive but it wasn't long enough to annoy me so I'm guessing less than a week.


First look.  Small enough that it fit inside my mail box :)


First open box look.  I know it's silly but I like that the inside of the box was decorated and that the packets of snacks were fit snuggly into little separators inside the box so they couldn't slide all over the place.  You can also see the word "free" (my fave word haha!) on the card.  When I signed up through the invitation code it let me know that my first and fifth boxes would be free.  Wahoo!


On the reverse side of the box it had nutrition facts for each snack we received.  I will love this when I go back on Weight Watchers after the baby is born!


If you recall, we left all the options as either "trash it" or "try it."  Well, except for one, which the Hubs wanted to try so badly we marked it as "love it" to see if it would magically appear in our box.  I'm happy to report that we did not receive anything we trashed and the Chili Lime Pistachios did, in fact, show up in or box.  We also received My Thai, Cranberry & Honey Granola and Tutti Frutti.  I thought this was a great combination of the categories they offer.

So, what's our thoughts so far?

As expected we loved the Chili Lime Pistachios, even our 2 year old! They are exactly what they sound like - pistachios with a chili and lime seasoning.  They had just enough spice to not be overwhelming and pistachios are always winners in our book.  Our only complaint was that with three of us eating them there weren't nearly enough ;) Not really a complaint considering they are meant for one person.

The Tutti Frutti was good, not great.  It's a mixture of blueberry infused cranberries, pineapple, cherry infused raisins and green raisins.  The Hubs commented that he would prefer something that had more nuts and less fruit.  I think it would taste even better if it was mixed with some oatmeal in the morning.  But, as hot as it's getting who really wants oatmeal right now? Not me.  We marked it as a like.  We wouldn't be upset if we received it again, but are hoping to try lots of other options before it makes another appearance.  

The Hubs wasn't interested in trying the Cranberry & Honey Granola.  That was an option solely for me.  It consists of granola seeds, honey almond pieces and cranberries.  I thought it was good, but found myself wishing I had some plain vanilla yogurt in the fridge to mix it with.  Then I think it would be great! It also got marked as a like, but not a love.

For some reason we haven't tried the My Thai yet.  Odd since this was the other one we were most excited to see in there.  My Sister got it in her box as well.  She was a big fan of the dip, but not so much of the soy chips that it came with.  I'm gonna have to move it to the top of our snack box in the pantry so I remember to try it soon.

Overall we were very impressed with Graze.  The shipping and communication were great.  The amount of options they offer is excellent and there wasn't anything we were sent which we hated.

Graze runs $5 per delivery and you can choose to receive a box once a month, every two weeks or every week.  For now we have chosen every two weeks and I can't wait for my next box to ship in a few days.  I'm secretly hoping for one of the flapjack options and another dipper option.  But, unlike before I haven't played with any settings to try and pre-determine my choices :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi there.. did you get an invitation code with your box that you'd be willing to give to someone desperately searching for one? If so, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. I did get an invitation code, but I have already shared it with someone :( I recommend "stalking" the Graze Facebook page for people posting that they have one to give. That's what worked for me. Hope you get a code soon!

      Delete